Tuesday, September 7, 2010

EOC week 7: What legal issues concern you most?

Legal issue that concern me most would probably getting sued for works I did. In school, I usually get inspired of other peoples work. I enjoy trying to figure out how people did such wonderful work, and sometimes I don’t intend to copy it but it happens. I usually get someone’s work and modify it to make it my own. I change a lot of things that I think would make a picture or someone’s work more beautiful. I also go online and check out google most of the time for inspiration. If I change 60% of someone’s work and modify it into my own, can I still be sued? This really concerns me because I will soon work in an industry where people tend to sue whatever it cause. It really scares me because I’m just starting and when someone just sues me, my reputation is ruined and money is a really big issue. I want to know what to do when things like this happen and what to avoid so it wouldn’t. Is it bad to get inspiration from our fellow artist out there? For students like myself I have a bunch of questions that I want to get answered and this legal issue really bothers me. The tools I use is making something like photoshop, maya, etc. when used in school are also illegal when I sell my work concerns me also. Does this mean I need to buy everything in full price in order for me to get some extra cash selling my work? I didn’t know all this until I attended my business class and it was really helpful for me specially because I’m very inexperienced about this things. So I guess for now, the legal issue that concerns me the most is being sued by the works I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment