Friday, August 20, 2010

EOC week 6: Illicit what you think?

What do I think about Illicit? I think it is wrong for people to sell fake medical supplies, drugs, fake handbags, etc. I was watching this movie the other day in the Philippines where families are selling their kidneys to get money for their family. The guy sold his kidney for 10,000 pesos which I think is about 2 thousand dollars. Sometimes I really don’t blame them from doing these things because it is their job to feed their family and if they don’t work, they don’t have anything to eat. Would you rather steal, or rob than to work? I understand how illegal selling fake stuff but what if this is the only option they have because they can’t find a really good or decent job? Would you still stop them? From what I see, authorities can try to stop people doing illegal stuff but with the economy going down, I don’t think you can really do anything about it. You can try to stop them, but more and more people will still do the same because they want to eat and get food for their families. I think that the economy really affects what is going on around the world. Example is in China. China is a country that lacks jobs, very poor, and poverty growing rapidly. People can try to stop them once or twice but they won’t stop to sell fake stuff because that’s the only thing they do. I guess for me, I am not for illicit, but I am not also against some of it. If the government do something about employment, I think that everything will change but from what I see, government really don’t care about what’s happening around the world that’s why people are forced to do illegal things.

No comments:

Post a Comment